Sometimes sourcing candidates requires knowing your talent pool. Here is a short presentation we saw on Slideshare from LinkedIn Italia that gives some tips to optimize your organization’s talent market.
1. Leonardo J. Intriago Customer Success Organisation Consultant Strategic Sourcing & Talent Pipeline
2. Agenda What is Talent Pipeline? Set your self up for success. Lay the foundation. Build a solid pipeline process Finding new leads and building long term relationship Best Practices about Talent Pipeline: Piaggio Group, Luxottica Group Q&A
3. What is Talent Pipeline?
4. “Talent pipeline” refers to an organization’s ongoing need to have a pool of talent that is readily available to fill positions at all levels of management (as well as other key positions) as the company grows. At each level, different competencies, knowledge and experiences are required, and (to keep the pipeline filled) the organization must have programs designed to identify and develop appropriate skills sets. Bersin by Deloitte empowers HR and learning leaders to drive bottom-line impact through our world-class WhatWorks® research membership.
5. 1. Recruiting/sourcing highly-skilled talent 44% Germany 2. Improving quality of hire 30% India 3. Employer brand 25% Nordics 4. Pipeline talent 25% SE Asia 5. Improving sourcing techniques 18% Australia Research shows that Talent Acquisition Leaders are saying that pipelining talent is in their top 5 priority list “Think about your talent acquisition organization’s top priorities for 2014-2015. Which of the following choices would you consider to be the most important and least important areas of interest for your organization?” 2013 Top 5 Priorities Priority is #1
6. Set your self up for success
7. BrandBrandJobs Know where your organisation is.. Traditional Developing Foundational Strategic Reactive, over-reliant on agencies Engage with strong pipeline of leads and ‘silver medalists’ Team-wide pipelining with engaged talent pools of candidates Build internal capabilities to focus on passive talent Post-and-pray Targeted engagement to attract highly qualified candidates Talent segmentation and prioritization Jobs on niche boards and social platforms Defined employer brand strategy Influential talent brand engaging employees and candidates Understanding of employee value proposition Established metrics and benchmarks Data driven decision making Sourcing Talent Acquisition is merely perceived as a Staff function Strong collaboration with Marketing, PR, Communications Strategic business advisor to Senior level Executives Engage HR counterparts and Hiring Managers Partner- ship Talent Acquisition Team Skills and Capabilities
8. For what kind of roles can you recruit/pipeline for? Succession planning gaps New Projects Roles with high employee turnover Hard to fill roles Internal Mobility Campus Recruitment (early identification of top graduates)
9. How to build a solid & “easy” pipelining process with Linkedin
10. Three phases for an efficient pipeline workflow Prospecting Developing ? Search ? Refine ? Organise ? Reach ? Interest ? Close ? Build ? Interest ? Close ReductioninTimetoHire Sourcing
11. Projects, Tags, Sources, Status, Custom Fields Projects Tags Sources Status ? Create uniformity. ? Use naming conventions: Jobtitle – Country – City – Recruiter Initials Financial Controller – UK – London – JP ? Tags are used to easily identify skillsets of candidates ? Have the recruiters create tags ? No more than five per role ? Keep track of the source of every candidate ? Use existing sources ? Shows you where the candidate is in your pipeline ? This determines the overall workflow of your team. ? Take your time to determine all the steps in the process before you implement Custom Fields ? Customise your own fields: salary expectation, work autorisation, availability date, office location, aptitute & skills
12. Create a clear and open process Direct Sourcing Sourcing within the database Short-list Call/InMail Add Project Folder Linkedin Database CV Management Tool ? Define all the steps in the pipeline process. From “search” to “closing” the candidate ? Get involvement from your team. Ask them to help determine the correct flow in Recruiter ? Communicate not only with your team, but also with the business and clearly explain their role in the process
13. Manage the relationship with your candidate “Candidate Relationship Management”
14. Interested (i.e. career page visitors) Different types of candidates require different rules of engagement Hot leads (i.e. followers) Pipeline Candidates Short listed applicants, silver medalist, alumni, employees High level of engagement: Keep contacts warm, by not only using targeted social media, InMails, corporate newsletters and but also reaching out them personally. Medium level of engagement: Besides first level activities, shared relevant information via targeted social media updates, InMails from Recruiter, invite to join your corporate newsletters. Low level of engagement: Keep your linkedin company page updated with relevant information social media updates.
15. Key messages…
16. ? Set yourself up for success. Lay the foundation. ? Build a solid pipeline process. Make all the HR team/business aware of it. ? Don’t forget to find continuously new leads and build a long term relationship Key messages to Success3
17. Best Practices sharing Davide Gugliotta HR / Project Manager Global Linkedin Project Enrico Bazzali Group Head of Resourcing and Training Germano Buttazzo Sales Manager Italy
18. From Head Hunting to LinkedIn The entire Sourcing, Talent Pipeline & CV Management process is managed with Linkedin Recruiter. A customised work-flow was designed to achieve this. Profiles / Resumes SOURCES ACTIONS RESULTS 1 2 3 Job posted on LinkedIn Internal Referral Direct Sourcing • Real Time recruiting • Mapping the entire process • Build Talent Pipeline • Talk with and engage Talents HR ACTIVITIES Reduce time to hire & external costs, focus on quality, efficiency, process in-house, qualified HR team Career Day
19. Strategic Project sponsored by the Piaggio Group Board Pipelining for Succession planning gaps Identify key roles for pipeline activities Time to hire High cost savings HR became a trusted Advisor IDENTIFY FUTURE NEED SOURCE & APPROACH RESULTS 1 2 3 • Early identification of potential candidates • Start Building a solid pipeline • Early conversation to engage Talent Senior Recruiter / VPHR Activities
20. Milano, 28 maggio 2014 #ConnectInItalia
Source: Linkedin Italia via Slideshare – http://www.slideshare.net/linkedinitalia/strategic-sourcing-talent-pipeline-connectinmilanomay2014