U.S. News & World Report has released their 2017 – 2018 Best Hospital rankings. This will be the news service’s 28th year participating in ranking and rating more than 4,500 medical centers nationwide in 25 specialties.
For the second year in a row, the Mayo Clinic, one of the world’s leading medical institutions, claimed the first spot on the list, followed by the Cleveland Clinic and Johns Hopkins Hospital, the latter of which moved up from the number three spot the previous year.
In this year’s rankings, a total of 152 hospitals were ranked nationally. U.S. News also recognized regional hospitals, including a total of 535 hospitals. These were ranked by state and metro areas based on their performance in both complex and common care.
Here are the best hospitals of 2017 – 2018, according to U.S. News:
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Cleveland Clinic
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
- UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Ann Arbor
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital, N.Y.
- Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital, Stanford, Calif.
- Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian, Philadelphia
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago
- UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside, Pittsburgh
- University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, Philadelphia
- Duke University Hospital, Durham, N.C.
- Mount Sinai Hospital, New York
- NYU Langone Medical Center, New York
- Mayo Clinic Phoenix
Hospital systems across the country are ranked to help patients make thoughtful decisions. The rankings are created by U.S News with RTI International, and are based on a number of criteria including “risk-adjusted survival and readmission rates, volume, patient experience, patient safety and quality of nursing, among other care-related indicators.” U.S. News implemented a number of methodology updates this year including additional Medicare data, more specific regional rankings, socioeconomic status and transfer patient information, and the volume of patients treated.
HealthCare Recruiters International has worked with top hospital systems throughout the country since 1984, filling thousands of roles, which has increased efficiencies and bettered patients’ experiences.
“Well over 15 years ago I was able to discover the benefit of using Healthcare Recruiters International. I am always impressed at the thoroughness in which they conduct a search, identifying exceptional talent time and time again. Their secret is the process they developed to understand the client, the business and the specific requirements of the candidate. They perform this with honestly and integrity and in a way that matches the client with the best available talent pool. They have been a great partner over the years and would highly recommend them to any company that needs a great search company they can count on.”
If you’re looking to hire the best healthcare talent for your healthcare company, we are here to help. Start the conversation with one of our experienced healthcare recruiters!