Becker’s Hospital Review recently published a list of ten of the most admired healthcare CEOs, and the accomplishments that have gotten them such praise. Some have expanded hospital systems state-wide, achieved millions of dollars in savings per year, and even earned praise from the President. Most importantly, each CEO has identified ways to work around inefficiencies in healthcare, utilizing competencies and their workforce talent to better healthcare quality and extend the reach of care.
Those mentioned in the article:
- Ruth Brinkely – President & CEO of KentuckyOne Health
- Dr. Delos “Toby” Cosgrove – MD, President & CEO of Cleveland Clinic
- Michael J. Dowling – President & CEO of North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
- Richard J. Gilfillan – MD, President & CEO of CHE Trinity Health
- Kevin E. Lofton – MHA, President & CEO of Catholic Health Initiatives
- Jeffrey A. Romoff – President & CEO of UPMC
- Nancy Schlichting – MBA, President & CEO of Henry Ford Health System
- Charles W. Sorenson – MD, President & CEO of Intermountain Healthcare
- Glenn D. Steele Jr. – MD, PHD, President & CEO of Geisinger Health System
- Joseph R. Swedish – MHA, President & CEO of WellPoint
These CEOs are model leaders for America’s healthcare system and are finding innovative ways to adjust to healthcare laws and technology. For a profile on each, click here.